About Attune Development
Attune Development strives for a healthy Amazonian rainforest in which communities are actively involved in environmental management, offering them a stable livelihood and opportunities for social and cultural well-being and growth. We are motivated to achieve this with the following goals:
- Empowering local communities in defining and following their own path for becoming autonomous and self-sufficient.
- Support the socio-cultural systems and traditional values of local communities to better link their past, current and future development.
- Build capacity of local communities and other relevant actors in environmental conservation and sensible management of natural resources to achieve sustainable development.
We value the following:
- Respect for nature and acknowledge the co-existence of mankind
- Use of a bottom-up approach that is community-centered,
- Facilitate participation on the basis of mutual respect, equality, and trust
- Enable transparency in communication
- Consider cultural sensitivities within communities
- Work with multi-disciplinary and holistic methods
- Seek broad consensus for the implementation of activities, projects and programs
- Inform and obtain consent from communities before implementing activities
- Acknowledge diversity among actors participating in development processes
- Adhere to fair and transparent decision-making processes